Author Topic: Forum IT Question - Bookmarking?  (Read 12354 times)

glasman

Forum IT Question - Bookmarking?
« on: July 30, 2011, 04:13:43 PM »
can't find a way to bookmark topics of interest and can't seem to put this post in what i think is the right forum section.can i bookmark? webmaster? thanks, vic

Offline Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 40
    • CheeseForum.org
Re: Forum IT Question - Bookmarking?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 05:07:39 PM »
Your wish is my command, done :)!

Good idea, that function is not built into the forum's software but there are several "Modifications" (pre-built coding edits) available that do. So I just installed the most popular one.
  • To bookmark a thread, just go to the thread then click on "ADD BOOKMARK" button on top right menu bar above the post(s) or bottom right menu bar below post(s).
  • To view your bookmarks just mouse click to "My Bookmarks" button on top left main menu bar visible anywhere in forum.
  • To delete one of your bookmarks, open your bookmarks then tick the box on right beside a bookmark and then click "Delete Selected Bookmarks" button below your bookmarks.
INFO: There are 100's of "Mods" available for this forum's software, I try to keep them to a minimum to 1) make forum upgrades easier and 2) to minimize software bugs.

mtncheesemaker

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »
Thanks, John. I have been emailing the topics to myself as that was the only way I could figure out to do it!
Pam

smilingcalico

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 03:10:02 AM »
Cool, I didn't even know I wanted that feature!

glasman

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 02:46:02 PM »
thanks a million...bookmarking is a real handy feature. vic