Author Topic: Kadova Manchego hoop  (Read 1040 times)

zenith1

Kadova Manchego hoop
« on: August 21, 2011, 10:48:17 PM »
Does anyone have experience using kadova's manchego Hoop? I have been using mine that I purchased during Linuxboy's group buy and have not been totally satisfied with the whey expulsion during pressing. For those not familiar with the mold it is in three pieces. The main body of the
hoop that is pretty standard with the drain holes sides and bottom, the follower-again pretty standard, and the inner liner(which is removable) that imparts the typical Manchego pattern to the cheese. The inner liner(for lack of a better word) does not have any drain holes. So when you press, the bottom appears to be the main point that the whey is expressed. Does not seem right to me, why have the holes in the main body of the press and cover them with an inner liner. The few times I have used the hoop I have not been able to express enough of the whey leaving a very wet wheel. Is there a trick to this type of hoop?

linuxboy

Re: Kadova Manchego hoop
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 11:15:49 PM »
I prepress the curd and use this mold for shaping predominantly. It's crucial that the curds are cooked enough. and that your cook/stir schedule works with the floc and PF of the milk.