Author Topic: Hi! From Aussie NSW dairy sheep  (Read 1721 times)

blackthorn

Hi! From Aussie NSW dairy sheep
« on: February 21, 2009, 11:48:50 PM »
Hi all :)
I live in NSW Australia and I am only 1 hour from Canberra and 2 from Sydney  ;D I live on 3000 acres and have mostly beef cows and fat lambs but I have 30 or so dairy ewes who I milk from around July to the end of Feb and I make cheese of coarse! I also (ssssshhhhhhhhh) sell some 'bath milk' to friends and some fellow cheese makers...........my cheeses are mostly raw, which is, of course, illegal to sell in Australia but we (family, friends, visitors) enjoy them immensely! I'm so glad I found this forum!
Vanessa

Cheese Head

Re: Hi! From Aussie NSW dairy sheep
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 12:04:13 AM »
Howdy Vanessa and welcome to the forum. Wow 3000 acres!

I'm the owner of this website and I'd hate to get in trouble for aiding and abetting illegal raw milk sale, so thanks for phrasing it the way you did.

Lots of friendly folk on this forum and several from Oz including some already from NSW as I already have NSW on the Member Locations sticky and have set up a Board just for NSW n case anyone has some local type posts.

Love to know what cheese types you are making and how they've turned out and looking forward to your advice . . .

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 12:50:19 AM »
Welcome and thanks for phrasing is that way as I want to be the ONE that John goes to jail for... ;D

blackthorn

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 01:57:33 AM »
Let me know if I say anything I shouldn't! But Cleopatra sell bath milk all around Oz and they haven't been arrested........yet LOL I've made soft cheeses with herbs and my best hard cheese so far has been a cloth bound cheddar.
Vanessa