Author Topic: Hi from Queensland Australia  (Read 2062 times)

Glenn

Hi from Queensland Australia
« on: January 22, 2009, 11:39:44 AM »
G'day my name's Glenn, I'm 57, retired and at present, I'm living in Brisbane. I hope to be moving into the country in the not too far distant future.

I did a cheese making course in November last year.  I have only made Quark and some fresh acid (Chabecou type) cheese since the course. It all went well, friends raved about the cheese.  I have the starters etc and will make some of the other types we made on the course....Camembert, Ricotta and Fetta to start with.

cheers

Glenn

Cheese Head

Re: Hi from Queensland Australia
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 11:53:59 AM »
Howdy Glenn & welcome to the forum! Several other Aussie's here including ones from Queensland.

Congrats on being retired, especially at 57!

If you get time, would love to hear about your course (who, where, when, how long, format, # in class, link to course website if one, contents etc). Probably best to start a new Topic on it in say the Cheese Making - Discussion Board.

Have fun making cheese!

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 07:33:58 PM »
Welcome. Everytime we have a member from Brisbane I get my hopes up becasue there is a brisbane here near San Francisco and I think Finally a local cheesemaker to hang out with. But Aussie's cool too. I've always wanted to go and do some big rock climbing.

Tea

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 08:13:28 PM »
Good morning Glenn and welcome to the forum. I am one of the Aussie's here from Mackay.
Was the course you did a private one or through one of the dairy company's.  A friend ad I tried to organise one here many years ago, but we needed 6 to make it viable for them to come, and in the end we couldn't get the numbers.
I'm with John, I would love to know how you found the course, and what you thought of the information that they gave you.

Glenn

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 12:59:06 PM »
Hi Tea,

Sorry I've taken so long to reply.  The course I did was with
cheesemakers an local Brisbane company www.cheesemaking.com.au.. Graham Redhead conducted the course.  It was great.  Lots of hands on work from the start.  We made 8 different types of cheese over the 2 days and were able to take them home with us.  What else can I say but if you get the chance to do the course.... do it.

cheers
Glenn

Tea

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 07:55:10 PM »
Hi Glenn and thanks for that information.  I will following that up.
Many thanks.

Mary Ruth

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 03:51:41 PM »
Hello Glenn

I have never met anyone from Australia who isn't friendly :) !  Hope your cheesing and moving go well.

Bella

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 03:40:16 AM »
Hi Glenn
I haven't checked this board for a couple of weeks - welcome to the forum. I'm just south of Gympie, but came from Brisbane originally where most of my family still lives - been up here in paradise for almost 20 years now.  Where is Brisbane are you? 

Cheers
Bella

Glenn

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 05:52:02 AM »
Hi Bella

I'm living at Wilston at present, but moving to Manilla just north of
Tamworth soon.

cheers

Glenn