Author Topic: Advancing Recipes  (Read 1746 times)

Offline Gürkan Yeniçeri

• The one who masters temperature and humidity can make any cheese.
  • Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 36
  • It's not a hobby, it's an addiction, a good one.
    • Artizan Peynirci
Advancing Recipes
« on: September 19, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »
Hello people,

I am upgrading all my recipes to use mother cultures as explained here thanks to Sailor and use the flocculation as I have listed here and explained here thanks to DeejayDebi.

Also wanted to make my own thermo starter out of Kefir and another thermo from whey as explained here thanks to Linuxboy aka Pav.

All my starters will be prepared with goat's milk (trying to find some fresh one ATM) so that I can get some natural lipase there as well.

Only thing that is left to do is to find an abomasum to make rennet and I have a nice Turkish recipe for this used in the mountains to make some of the finest cheeses. Thanks to dicussion here between eric1 and Linuxboy that I learnt a lot about the subject. Butchering a 4 weeks old kid will be the hardest part of this journey.

I believe, only then, I will create something unique; a cheese where you can not find anywhere in the world with the help of this beautiful forum and its residents.

Thanks a lot people.

linuxboy

Re: Advancing Recipes
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 10:58:33 PM »
Nice! Good luck and happy cheesemaking :)

JeffHamm

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 11:42:34 PM »
Very cool project Gurkan.  I look forward to hearing how it goes.

- Jeff

smilingcalico

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 01:53:57 AM »
I admire your dedication to this age old craft, Gürkan!

MrsKK

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 02:33:19 AM »
You are a lot more ambitious than I, friend!  Good luck with your venture and keep us posted on your results.

I would dread having to butcher a young kid or calf as well...

darius

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 10:20:15 AM »
You've set up a lovely, dedicated path. Good for you!

margaretsmall

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 03:06:59 AM »
Actually young kid is considered a delicacy in some parts of the world, and when in a former life I was an angora goat farmer in the middle of one of the perennial dreadful droughts for which Australia is noted, we ate quite a lot of it. So the poor little boy should not be wasted.