Author Topic: New With Questions Of Course-Allergies-Books-Cultures  (Read 4721 times)

ellenspn

Re: New With Questions Of Course-Allergies-Books-Cultures
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 12:26:03 AM »
Linuxboy, Jack of all trades, master of all of them.

And possessing a photographic memory, or so it appears.  A)

ellenspn

Re: New With Questions Of Course-Allergies-Books-Cultures
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 06:31:12 PM »
You guys are awesome!  ;D

Went to my local farmers market and bought some triple layer brie with almonds and apricots and yes you guessed it, the small nibble I had last night had no effect and the larger nibble today was the same.

Which means for the last mumble mumble years I've been avoiding it thinking I was allergic to all Pennicillium species  :-[

I know that I've had a reaction in the past with brie, but then I lived in a house with a basement that was wet and has about 100 years worth of mold growth in it.  I may have some sensitivity, but as long as I don't have it on a day my allergies are giving me hell or I've been exposed to large amounts of mold I should be fine.  Have epipen will travel!

I have plans to actually make and brine some feta this weekend which means I'll have to break open a piece of commercial feta in order to keep me from eating it all before it's ready :D

Right now I'm deep in reading through the 200 recipes and the American Farmstead Cheese books.  So I'm hoping to order some cultures this weekend to supplant all the little packets in my freezer.  At least I still have some lipase for now.