Author Topic: My version of a "Mini Baby Bel"  (Read 22179 times)

dthelmers

Re: My version of a "Mini Baby Bel"
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 05:53:34 PM »
Here's my grand daughter helping me make sausage. She finds this more fun than cheese, except stretching mozzarella.

mightyjesse

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 06:01:15 PM »
Ah, Dave (Master T.) what a cutie! I'm sure you remember my daughter from last summer (Pennsic.) I wish I had pictures of her in the kitchen with me, but I seldom have a hand dry enough to be handling a camera when my little girl is assisting. And I will now apologize for thread jacking and return this thread to it's originally intended subject matter!

MrsKK

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 03:58:42 PM »
Cute!

As a young parent with young children, I didn't have a lot of patience for having them underfoot.  My failing, entirely.  I do have much more patience now, but no grandchildren nearby - they are in Germany while I am in the US Midwest.  Oh, how I miss them.

Offline pliezar (Ian)

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 11
  • Ian
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2012, 08:18:03 PM »
Well I have finally found time to post some pictures of my 3rd make.  My son helped to cut the curd and the rest "was my job".  I during the first press, I used 1 4L Jug full of water and after the flip I used 2 x 4L jugs full of water.  The smaller batch in the metal bowl was the 3 that I put dried habeneros in.  I have aged them a week in the cave and they are soft and creamy and good to go.  I used Dixie cups again, I have not been able to get to IKEA for the silicone molds.  I did not get a picture of the "second" pressing. This time flipped every 15 mins but after 1 hour I increased the weight.

Ian

mightyjesse

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2012, 02:15:40 AM »
Those look fantastic!

JeffHamm

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2012, 04:58:41 AM »
Nicely done!  These really look like a great project to do together. 

- Jeff