Author Topic: Pressing - Two Rounds In One Mold  (Read 1536 times)

judyp

Pressing - Two Rounds In One Mold
« on: September 18, 2011, 12:43:39 AM »
I made cheddar cheese today.  I have 2 2lb. molds and have used them both.  Now that the cheese is compessed down (I need to do the final press) can I put those two rounds of cheese in one mold and press just that one mold? 

If I can do this, then do I still wrap the cheeses individually with cheese cloth or do I wrap the two rounds in one cheese cloth?

Thanks!!!  Sorry for such a last minute post, but I didn't even think about it until I realized I don't have 100 lbs. worth of weights to press both @ 50# each.   :(  I suppose I can get a gallon jug of water and that'll work if I have to.   ^-^

Thanks!
Judy

Sailor Con Queso

Re: Pressing - Two Rounds In One Mold
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 12:52:04 AM »
Stack the 2 molds on top of each other. Then you can use the same weight that you use for just one.

judyp

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 02:52:11 AM »
The molds are not stackable (I don't think they are).  They don't have a bottom in them.  Can I put the two chunks of cheese into one of the molds?  Would I wrap them separately? 

The two slabs of cheese that would be stacked will fit inside one mold....I just don't know if they need to be wrapped together in one cheese cloth or individually and just set on top of one another. 
confusing??  I'm having a hard time describing. 

Tomer1

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 01:07:39 PM »
I would devide the two pieces with a follower.