Good to know Wayne, but remember mine is huge. Chili, I don't think the leaking whey will incorporate back in completely, it leaks out too easy.
So the results! From the eggining, originally I put the cheese in the kitchen to air dry, the sides developed a sem-hard rind and the top was a dry supply rind, The bottom was wet as I'm sure whey was expelling. Then I would flip it, the top(formerly the bottom) would get a nice supple rind and the bottom (formerly top) would get wet as why expelled. I use bamboo mats and they are pretty close knit and would stay wet. I'm thinking next time to take out everyother bamboo skewer. The top and bottom were doing what was expected, the sides dried too fast and I got cracks from the wrinkles from the cheese cloth. Then I moved it to the cave at 55F 85%. The top and bottom did the same as I flipped but the side remoistureized and because a semi-semi-hard rind but a little more moisture and supple. Then I put it in the frig last night and the little holes were still weeping every so often. The rind now is hard and the cheese is very solid feeling as opposed to before where it was a little wobbly and rubbery.
So my conclusion. This is a great way, as chili hinted to, to control mositrue of the final cheese. When making a new cheese I will air dry in the kitchen for a few hours, then transfer to my cave for 5 days or so, less for more moisture and more for more moisture. Then I'll put it in my regular frig to harden the rind quickly locking in the moisture, stop the weepings and making the cheese more solid. This way you have a controlled drying and it prevents it from getting cracks. I'll be waxing this cheese today.