Author Topic: My first Stilton pictures  (Read 1230 times)

mbox

My first Stilton pictures
« on: September 30, 2011, 02:25:06 PM »
Hi , i wanted to show pictures of my almost 6 week old stilton....i had mixed thoughts after the making because the curds were rather soft and about a week ago it was a little bitter too...but after some extra salting and more time , plus some light smoothing it is now look like this and i am very happy with the taste of my first Stilton :-)

mbox

Offline Gürkan Yeniçeri

• The one who masters temperature and humidity can make any cheese.
  • Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 36
  • It's not a hobby, it's an addiction, a good one.
    • Artizan Peynirci
Re: My first Stilton pictures
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 05:04:00 AM »
Well done MBox. Nice looking cheese there. I have last pieces of my blue in the fridge, it is now about a year old and I feel different aromas everytime I cut it.

Tomer1

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 06:03:42 AM »
You did a small amount of piercing?

mbox

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 06:10:25 AM »
Well done MBox. Nice looking cheese there. I have last pieces of my blue in the fridge, it is now about a year old and I feel different aromas everytime I cut it.

Thank you and that is so true the longer i wait the different it tastes....but it won't become old as i am on the last wedge already.....i will sure make more when the floodings (which are pretty bad in my area /Thailand) are gone...i had no access to the milk i prefer to use .... lucky i have a Gorgonzola and Camembert maturing , Camembert (this time i didn't forget the salt) should be ready end of this month and Gorgonzola Dolce i think will be by Xmas .

mbox

mbox

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 06:14:26 AM »
You did a small amount of piercing?

Yes, i did some piercing ... it was mentioned in the recipe. I shouldn't have pierced it?
Actually i think it was pretty necessary to pierce seeing that my curds were actually very soft...i am using calf rennet next time and hope of firmer curds.
Now i received another Book (200 recipies) and will make my way through it.

mbox