I have a few young cheddars sitting at around 7c ,waxed with my concuction of bees wax,margarine and coconut oil,
I noticed a few green spots under the wax yet no apearant cracking on the wax so I finally decided to open them up and see whats going on and sure enough, some blue mold and brown mold.
I removed it and cleaned it off with heavy citric-acetic-salt solution.
The cheeses were dry btw,no moisture under the wax.
I want to use some sorbate to inhibit any future growth of molds\surface stuff under the wax.
Ive seen a surface spraying recipe saying that 2% by volume (1 gr in 50ml water) should be used.
Is this correct?
How heavy do I spray the cheese? do I leave it to dry dry I can I pat it dry and rewax?