Author Topic: pH Targets  (Read 1984 times)

anutcanfly

pH Targets
« on: October 11, 2011, 10:22:24 PM »
I am not sure which formats I can use for attachments, so bear with me if this attachment doesn't go thru right!  I'm working on a spreadsheet of pH, moisture, and salt targets for various cheeses.  Mostly because the info I'm collecting is getting spread out into the margins of too many books and post it notes.  I have not finished it yet, but it could be useful to everyone, so I decided to post it.  It would be awesome if some of you experienced cheese makers would contribute to it by posting additions and corrections, so I can update it and repost periodically (assuming this posts at all!  ::)).  Some of the cheeses I found pH info for did not fit into the format I used, so I just indicated were the info was.

WCG: Washington Cheese Guild
UOG:  University of Guelph
JOC: Joy of Cheesemaking
RRF: Rick Robinson's forum

I tried to indicate if pH was of whey or curd, but many listings are unclear and I also noticed that multiple sources don't alway agree... very confusing for a newbie! This is a work in progress so please feel free to give me suggestions!

Tomer1

Re: pH Targets
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 07:40:48 PM »
Nice one, thanks!

zenith1

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 09:00:46 PM »
Thanks for contributing. I like to see members this involved that take their time to help others. I would defer to others on the forum when it comes to PH markers- but they are not set in stone. You want to use them to make the final product your own and to help insure consistent results for the cheese you are making. Keep up the good work, I think I have some information on these that i will try to post to this thread later.

anutcanfly

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 11:24:26 PM »
Thank you! You're input will be greatly appreciated.  I do feel like I gained a lot more control over what's happening when I started recording pH, floc times and multipliers, yields, etc.  Much easier to tweak a recipe when you know what's going on!  :)

Clean break

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 10:11:42 PM »
Hey Nut,
I just printed your ph targets to paste into my cheese binder and noticed it was made a while ago so I wanted to check to see if you had updated it at all?? 
Thanks,
Scott