Author Topic: Baked cheesecake  (Read 8919 times)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Re: Baked cheesecake
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 06:14:12 PM »
Yes you definately have to show your cantel. Wasn't that the one with the odd make process?

Your party sounds wonderful Sailor enjoy!

Tomer1

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 12:06:03 PM »
I've found some problems with the recipe.
The main thing is that it took me 30-40 minutes longer to cook so this recipe doesnt consider the variables which one might get from making his choclate creamcheese, mine obviously was higher in moisture so I should have use more cornflour or add regular flour.
I did use cocoa powder (along with the bitter choclate) to intensify the cocoa flavour which was terrific, my little brother is asking for more.

Second the bottom which should be very crunchy to contrast the airiness of the cake turns soagy.
So Im thinking of doing this in a two stage cake, first baking the base to a crisp and then adding the batter and doing a second bake.
If its still too moist it will soften the base again so I reckon I need to perfect the creamcheese make (perhaps adding heavy cream or draining post make).

MrsKK

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 02:25:32 PM »
Tomer - I think you need to work on your cream cheese first of all.  The dampness of it is what is causing the issues you describe.

I've made this recipe many times, mostly using American Neufchatel - chocolate or plain - and have had great results each time.

mtncheesemaker

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 05:45:31 PM »
Here is a German style cheesecake made with quark, which someone brought to our last cheese club meeting. It's a lighter style than some American cheesecakes, and the quark is so easy to make.
I also tried it with apple slices pressed into the top before baking. It took longer to cook than the recipe says.

http://dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/recipes.recipeListing/filter/dianas/recipeID/2244/Recipe.cfm

Tomer1

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 10:02:23 PM »
Its possible that the stabilizers in the store bought choclate milk were the trouble makers.
Ive used probat 222 (simmilar to F.D\AromaB) and inoculated at around 80f. (room temp , damn this heat... my tomme over acidified because of it just a few days ago).