Author Topic: Cheese Making Recipes - Where Find?  (Read 3385 times)

boothrf

Re: Cheese Making Recipes - Where Find?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 10:57:12 PM »
Yes, I couldn't agree more. I started out 6 months ago, and up until last week, have only made Camemberts. Whilst these were probably not the easiest cheese to start on I have worked hard to understand the process and the little tricks that are needed to get it all right. I decided I needed to concentrate on one cheese first, in order to understand the ingredients, the process and the make/maturing conditions. I tried my first alternative cheese, Fetta a week ago and actually found it quite simple compared to Camembert (none of that pesky mould to worry about ;)). And I loved tasting it so soon after making ;D

I have used the Australian book "HOME CHEESEMAKING - The secrets of how to make your own cheese and other dairy products" by Neil and Carole Willman as my base resource, then supplemented this information with data and tips gleaned from this forum. I also tweak my recipies using information from the forum and the recipies from members, and of course from my own experience.

After making a few more batches of Camembert for Christmas, I'll try my hand at a Blue Brie (Cambazola for our North American friends), before moving on to straight blues and washed rinds, but I expect these will also be long term projects.  of course, I'll throw in plenty more Fetta and might try a Moz as well, based on Ozziecheese's advice.