Author Topic: Hello from Santa Cruz  (Read 1403 times)

TomW

Hello from Santa Cruz
« on: January 25, 2009, 09:36:34 PM »
Hi,
I believe my wife with the handle Lady Liberty has already introduced herself. We live on 32 acres in the Santa Cruz mountains where we raise alpacas and are into a number of natural/organic hobbies. Cheese making is the latest on the list and we are rank newbies, but have already made mozerella, mascarpone, farmhouse cheddar, gouda and craime fraiche. The jury is still out on the cheddar and gouda, but the others have come out fine.
My other hobbies include woodworking and home beer brewing. I think we have identified a source of fresh goat's milk, so next week we're going to try a goat milk recipe. Today we just bought a cave--a small upright freezer for which I now have to get a teperature control. I notice that many here are struggling with the issue of humidity control, so that will be a challenge for us as well.
We're looking forward to entertaininf friends and neighbors with homemade, beer, sausage, cheese and bread. Did I leave anything out?

LadyLiberty

Re: Hello from Santa Cruz
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 09:38:01 PM »
Welcome, sweetie! :) 

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 01:41:46 AM »
Welcome. Where are you getting your goats milk from? and how much?

Tea

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 05:54:31 AM »
HI Tom and welcome to the forum.

Cheese Head

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 10:41:52 AM »
Hi Tom and welcome to the forum, nice to see a couple here, I think you are our first!

Still can't get my wife interested in cheese making. But my folks who are visiting right now from Vancouver BC, may be getting a little bit of the bug ;).