Author Topic: Hi, new from sydney  (Read 18508 times)

Crystal

Re: Hi, new from sydney
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2012, 10:38:45 PM »
Yeah, i think i will start stitchibg as i go, otherwise it will be daunting and frustrating to wait to the end!

Oh, ive got two online shops:
Www.worldofmine.etsy.com
Which is crochet toys and homemade beauty stuff plus some sewing stuff.
Www.sydneysweetshop.etsy.com
Its for the goodies!!
Yes, the school thing is hard. Today i have to volunteer a the school for a few hrs and dh needs to do slme work, so all the kids need to be dressed and ready but the nanny doesnt get here till 9am so we'll all be out and she'll be here alone!! Lets make a date to come over for the arvo! A sat or sun and well bring some goodies for arvo tea? You pick the date and ill organise the crowd, instant party!

keezawitch

« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2012, 09:58:43 AM »
will work out a date, thinking a sunday less insane on sundays  :o, i will have a look at your sites too.

keezawitch

« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2012, 10:05:46 AM »
checked out your sites, goodies look yummy, the crocheted toys etc are great, do you make them all. Maybe i should look into putting my rag dolls and cupie  dolls on there, I havent had time to take them to markets. I will let my neice know about your site he she has a 1yr old and friends with littlies the toys would be perfect for.

kerry

Crystal

« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2012, 08:33:11 PM »
Hey kerry, sundays are fine for us!

Yes, i make all of them, and my kids love them. The baby twins are 1yo now and have a weird obsession with 'teddy'. They steal them all the time! I use saftey eyes on all of them so even though they say their not recommended for children under 2, they are pretty safe.

Thanks for the nice feedback too. You should definatly look into putting your things up there! Its great fun and the teams on there have some great communities.

keezawitch

« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2012, 09:27:38 AM »
good for you in making them, good god you have some energy, the next three sundays are booked out got husband checking out what shows are coming up and then i will have some idea.

keeza

Lacom

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2012, 04:23:38 AM »
Hi all,

New guy from South Coast (Nowra). Just made the cheese-making workshop. We took home fetta and camembert. Fetta is in the brine ripening, smelling and looking good. Camembert developed nice mold and is maturing in the cave nicely.

I wanted to make my own cheese for long time, but by watching various youtube videos and reading about the stuff online sounded a bit complicated. I'm quite busy with other homemade projects ( I make my own cold smoked sausages, bacon, salamis, lonzinos, do a lot of vegetable pickling, growing mushrooms, fermenting sauerkraut, kimchi, gherkins etc.). Then my wife bought me a voucher for cheese making course and I'm so glad because this course lifted a bit of mystery for me.

So I think I'll give it a go. My favourite cheeses are any cheese made from sheep's milk, fetta, blue vein, jarlsberg, havarti (the best for making smoked cheese) and any cheese that is smelly (german harzkasse).

I need to buy a bit more equipment. Although I have a lot of meat processing and pickling gear, I'd like to keep milk and meat separate. Cheese gone bad might ruin my day, but fermented and air dried meat product might land me in hospital bed....

Cheese cave was the easiest gear to acquire, I'm running my homemade meat curing chamber, fully electronically controlled temperature (+ 0.5C) and humidity (+ 2%.

I would kill to get my hand on raw sheep's milk, but unfortunately this looks impossible in Australia (of all countries, with the highest ratio of sheep per capita!).

Anyway, just saying hello to fellow Aussie cheese hobbyists.

Cheers.

keezawitch

« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2012, 09:46:40 AM »
why dont you give goat milk a go, I have my own goat and make cheese with her milk, you can probably make the same cheeses as you would using sheep milk. I use a bar fridge turned to the lowest setting as my cheese cave works for me. You can use goat milk in the cheese you have mentioned, I make a maltese cheese, cottage, cheddar, gouda, chevre, and a few experiments, havent killed anyone yet. Good luck

Kaiser Soze

« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2012, 08:18:59 AM »
Hi keeza!

I think we chatted cheese on AHB a few months ago - go to see that you're on these boards too!

Anyways, who do I talk to about getting a 'Western Australia' child board set up? Not sure who the mods are here...

keezawitch

« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2012, 09:11:51 PM »
Hi, Kaiser, I dont know who to talk to, I dont come here very often, just drop in now and then. I mainly use the aussiegoatforum now as they are based in aus and have lots of chat on the cheesemaking and soapmaking and great advice on my goats too. I have converted to using rennet in a tablet form as the liquid I was getting just didnt keep. The tablet form come from Qld and are fantastic to use.

Keeza