Author Topic: Asagio 2nd attempt  (Read 6640 times)

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
Re: Asagio 2nd attempt
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 07:53:43 PM »
The grease pencil I use is non toxic, I checked before I used it.  It doesn't touch your cheese, so it doesn't need to be "food safe", but you should be able to verify if it's toxic or not, if you google for the info before you purchase. It's a hard colored wax that is useful for marking all sorts of things with out damaging them.  It won't leak thru like the washable marker that pinked the cheese.  It will rub off, which is why I put another coat of cheese cream over the top.  Cheese cream is a covering you can paint on with a brush.  It comes both with or without mold inhibitors and is a good first layer under wax as cheese wax will also bleed color into your cheese. 

Where can I find "cheese cream"???  I have looked at the websites of the suppliers that I know of to no avail and even a web search is yielding no clues.  Any hints or info about how I can find it?  Thanks!

anutcanfly

Re: Asagio 2nd attempt
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 10:44:55 PM »
Hoegger's Goat Supplies sells it as "Cheese Coating". The CheeseMaker sells it as "Cream Wax".  The Dairy Connection sells it as "Paracoat".  Not surprised you had a little trouble finding it! Everyone seems to have their own name for it!  ::)