Author Topic: What kind of crafts do central America artisans create?  (Read 407 times)

Offline clevelend

• New Cheese
  • Cheeses: 0
  • Default personal text
    • Matt Schaub Jersey
What kind of crafts do central America artisans create?
« on: July 05, 2013, 09:33:57 PM »
What kind of crafts do central America artisans create?

Guests, join the CheeseForum.org community to remove this ad.

Offline tnbquilt

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 13
Re: What kind of crafts do central America artisans create?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 08:31:21 AM »
I am a professional hobbyist. I have had some hobby for as long as I can remember. My mother taught me to embroider when I was 5 years old. I can embroider, cross stitch, knit, crochet, tat, sew, and quilt. I went on a quilting binge for 6 years one time. We joined a civil war reenactment group once, so I have taken several classes in period sewing and I can measure a man and lay out  pattern for period clothing for him. Shirts, pants, vests, tail coats or any other style that is in my book on how to do it. I was only interested in the playing dress up part of this hobby. We showed up and walked around town, and went to the dances. We were not interested in the battle parts.

Now I am making cheese, and sometimes I make sausage. Sausage did not grab me like cheese did. I make my own ravioli, which I need to do again soon. Me and my husband gather in the kitchen and make different fillings and make a bunch of ravioli's and freeze them. I make a wonderful chicken pot pie, and I freeze them in little containers for microwaving. I can't leave out chili. I worked on my chili recipe for years and now I have exactly like we like it, so we make that in bunches and freeze that too. And brunswick stew. Not many people make a good brunswick stew, in my opinion. I can't go buy it anywhere, so we make it once a year and freeze it.

I think I got off of hobbies and into eating, but that's part of my hobbies too, perfecting something that I really like.

My husband brews beer so we are a member of the local brew club as well.
Tammy