Author Topic: American Style Pork Ribs & Buffalo Chicken?  (Read 8591 times)

Crystal

Re: American Style Pork Ribs & Buffalo Chicken?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 11:18:04 PM »
LOL, the tin foil i can do! I'll give it a go next batch. This ones going in the oven cos the gas is almost out on the BBQ!

BTW, we did the buffalo wings... MMMMMMMM!!!! I cant get 'hot sauce' here like yo guys get there, so i substituted with 'Spicy Red Sauce' which doesnt have much 'HOT' so i added some Hot chilli sauce. I didnt add enough though, will put more in next time. I did half in BBQ for the kids, they loved it! Aside from the pain in the butt of preping and frying the wings i'll definatly do this again!

dthelmers

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 02:16:59 PM »
That's why some years ago I switched to roasting the winds in the oven at high heat, on a wire rack so the fat drains off. We found them to get just as crisp as deep frying.

Crystal

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 08:34:36 PM »
I like mine breaded, and i dont mind so much, its a bit exciting really cos the kids love them and all hang out checking to see if they are ready yet!

smilingcalico

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 06:35:45 AM »
Boiling isn't bad, it just makes hot ham water (drink it with your meal)! 

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 03:28:21 AM »
I didn't know buffalo wings were supposed to be fried. I've always grilled, smoked or broiled them.  :o

dthelmers

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 02:31:06 PM »
In the restaurant that my friend worked at back in the 70's, they deep fried the wings with no breading, just right in the oil. I made them that way for years, but once you've used the oil to fry chicken, it's got chicken fat in it. a few years ago I just started roasting them in the oven on a rack at 450° f, and they get quite crisp. Chicken wings are pretty good roasted, grilled, fried, smoked, or broiled. Sometimes I smoke them, but it's sort of a different dish, then, and I'll use a dry rub instead of the hot sauce, worcestershire and butter mix.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 02:27:17 AM »
I don't do much frying only eggrolls for the most part but I even sprizt and bake them quite often. if it's meat in my house it is smoked. very seldom eat it any other way, unless it's leftovers.

Crystal

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 08:37:23 PM »
I always fry my chicken, i loved fried chicken and it costs a fortune to buy from those kinda shops here. We only have it maybe once a fortnight, but we do different styles. Sometimes its plain fried chicken with Salad or veg, other times ill do a burger, some times just breaded strips, nuggets, pop corn style (i made them for Superbowl! And burnt the crap outta my finger!) I will only fry chicken when the oil almost needs changing, so i dont waste the oil. Cos you always have to chuck it after frying chicken, cos of the fat and flour that gets in the oil...

I personally reckon i make the best fried chicken, tastes pretty similar to the shop ;)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 07:45:59 PM »
I love fried chicken but try to stay away from it. I have been grilling or broiling to get rid of the extra fat and it comes out pretty close to the same flavor but with less fat.  Those little pockets of lard looking fat on cold fried chicken just made my stomach turn.

Crystal

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 04:52:08 AM »
Well, i really love fried chicken, and i am wasting away here, so i can eat as much fried chicken as i please!! LOL, not really... Actually, we usually have either thighs or breast with no skin and bread them as strips or fillets for burgers... We dont often have skin on our chicken.

Mainly i do it because we cant afford to go out and treat the kids to bought fried chicken, so we make a big deal out of making it at home and making it very special!