I guess I should have given a little more information about the make, so here are some stats (and thanks for our comments):
1. 5 gallon batch. 1 gallon whole store bought milk and 4 gallon 2% milk. Warmed in 90 degree water bath for approx. 4 hours. Then transfered to double boiler set up and raised the milk to 100 degrees F.
2. I did not add cream to this batch due to it being a reduced fat cheese
3. Added 1/2 tsp. Thermophilic Starter and 1/4 Tsp. Italian Starter and let ripen for 45 minutes at 100 degrees F.
4. Added 1 tsp. 30% calcium chloride solution, diluted in 1/3 cup of water RIGHT before adding the rennet. This was a new step using advice from Chilipepper.
5. Added 1/2 tsp liquid vegetable rennet, diluted in 1/3 cup of water and let sit for 45 minutes.
6. Cut curd into approx. 1/4" cubes and let rest for 15 minutes. (I do think this is probably the best feeling curd set I've gotten to date. The break really did look perfect).
7. Began raising temp. to final 130 degree temperature. This took right at 45 minutes. Held Curd at this temperature for another 30 minutes.
As for cutting the curd, I did get really rough with this, but no matter what I did, the curd would not reduce much in size, due to the cutting.
The curd was firm enough that even though I was whipping through the curd, they still held their shape and stayed pretty close to the 1/4 inch size.
After the cooking, I do feel that I achieved my goal of having very small pieces of curd, pretty much the size of a grain of wheat. Also, they were very firm little pieces.
So, in another few minutes I'll be taking this out of the press and putting it into a whey brine.
The press did hold pressure perfectly overnight and the wheel looks really nice, at least from what I can see through the mold. I'll snap a pic before placing it in the brine and once I remove it.