Author Topic: instructions for Artisan cheese, La Tur, Rocchetta  (Read 2236 times)

mikiw1974

instructions for Artisan cheese, La Tur, Rocchetta
« on: January 31, 2009, 03:03:35 PM »
HI! I am looking for instructions to make artisan cheeses. All the instructions I find are for cheeses that are already readily available--cheddars, mozzerella, goat cheese. I would like to make something I can't afford--La Tur or Rocchetta. Does anyone know a source for those recipes or other gourmet cheeses? Thanks!

Cheese Head

Re: instructions for Artisan cheese, La Tur, Rocchetta
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 06:45:14 PM »
Hi mikiw1974 and welcome to the forum.

Good question, I've posted 26 (so far) Cheese Making Recipes on the website, but to be fair, nothing that very exotic, yet. I suspect as this forum matures and several of us move forward from mastering the more common cheeses we will find and I will post these recipes.

For what you are looking for now, the book Cheesemaking Practice by R Scott has many many recipes, but it is expensive.

mikiw1974

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 06:54:04 PM »
Thanks so much! I will look that up!

Captain Caprine

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 05:35:58 AM »
I think your main problem will not be a recipe but being able to get the raw ingredients.  Most people are having problems getting good quality cow's milk for cheese making and you want to make La Tur which means you will need cow, milk and sheep milk all at once.
Good luck I can't wait to see the results
CC