Author Topic: Gorgonzola Anyone?  (Read 3765 times)

Cheese Head

Gorgonzola Anyone?
« on: May 15, 2008, 11:11:54 AM »
Yep I do like gorgonzola, in fact I love all blue cheeses, and when I get better at making cheese will try and make some. Meanwhile I bought from my local store, a US Amish Salemville Community made gorgonzola in a small sealed package. The Amish are a religious group here in US that believes in doing everything the old way. And I don't know but there has to be better out there, can anyone recommend or not recommend any different brands and what should I look for, ie more blue veins etc?

reg

Re: Gorgonzola Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 11:05:57 AM »
hi CH. i'm with you on the blue cheeses, just love them. come fall and winter when i have the time i to will be getting involved in making some

reg

Cheesemonger

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 01:51:27 PM »
There's nothing better than gorgonzola sprinkled over salad or melted over pasta.  One of my favorite recipes involves cooking chicken with gorgonzola, walnuts, and apples.  So good!

Cheese Head

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 06:31:18 PM »
Yes I can see the opposites of gorgonzola and walnuts, and of course cheese and apples always go together. But I hadn't thought of with chicken!?

So now that I'm curious want to tell / give us your favorite recipe and if available pictures like reg did with his Brie & Leek Pizza in this board here?