Author Topic: questions about casein solubilization  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
questions about casein solubilization
« on: January 27, 2013, 01:47:33 AM »
This thread has been started because LinuxBoy dropped some intriguing ideas about casein solubilization into a thread that was about the different needs of different milks.  I asked him to elaborate since I like making washed curd and would enjoy knowing more about what to do and why.  Thanks!

hoeklijn

Re: questions about casein solubilization
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 11:00:40 AM »
I would love to follow this threat. I still want to start with goat Gouda, the only semi hard goat cheese I made was Cabra al Vino. My son seems to have a light lactose intolerance which will cause diarrhea when he eats cheese. At the moment we are trying how he reacts on goat cheese that I bought in the supermarket.

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 12:20:45 PM »
Hi Herman,  I've read that some breeds of goats produce goat milk that may cause the same problem as cow milk for those with lactose intolerance and my breed is one of those but so far the cheese was fine for a friend who can't eat cow milk cheese.

hoeklijn

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 06:55:19 PM »
Hi Kathrin, until now he doesn't react to the goat cheese I bought. Somebody else with a lactose intolerance has some Cabra al Vino I made and she could eat it without problems. So I hope to read here some info from LinuxBoy about the adjustments for recipes when using goat milk....

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 08:26:29 PM »
Hi Kathrin, until now he doesn't react to the goat cheese I bought. Somebody else with a lactose intolerance has some Cabra al Vino I made and she could eat it without problems. So I hope to read here some info from LinuxBoy about the adjustments for recipes when using goat milk....

I think those white goats are the good kind for lactose intolerant.  Should be okay.