Author Topic: First Baby Swiss  (Read 5183 times)

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
Re: First Baby Swiss
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 05:56:59 AM »
what's it taste like?

and are you going to age some to see how it develops?
looks great, by the way.
Just a tip...you can edit your previous posts, especially when they are less than a minute apart.  ;)

Mmmmm, Swiss & ham.... Hey, wait a minute...where's the ham?  :)
-Boofer-

What?  I'm right here!  :)
You're killin' me, Jeff.  :)

My sweet doesn't eat anything on four legs, so I rarely do.
Hey, Jeff, can you crate her up a wallaby or a roo? There, anut...two legs!   ::)

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

anutcanfly

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 04:37:21 PM »
Technically that would be 2 legs and tail.  I'm pretty sure he never excluded that!  Good think Boofer! I guess it's wallaby for dinner.  Jeff, please make sure it's nicely cut and wrapped for the freezer.  This isn't the kinda thing I want to come out of the box alive and kicking!  ;)

JeffHamm

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 06:17:24 PM »
No problem.  There are a few wild wallaby in NZ (introduced from Aus).  You know, osterich only have 2 legs as well, so I'll toss in one of those and an emu for good measure.

- Jeff

anutcanfly

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 08:07:01 PM »
Sounds good to me!  ;)  Better be quick before my Sweety thinks to amend that to no fur or feathers!  ;D

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 10:38:56 PM »
I forgot about ostrich. Good catch, Jeff.

There are some places that offer ostrich meat on their menu. The only thing I've seen about emus is their oil.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

anutcanfly

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 03:09:17 AM »
I thought it rather funny that people around here were paying $3000 for a pair and Emus and $30,000 for a pair of Ostrich.  They were to be the meat of the future.  Now who could afford meat at that price?  Needless to say that over inflated market went bust and soon you couldn't get rid of your Emus and they're not cheap to feed!  My girlfriend had one that got lost and she posted it.  Several people had Emus they insisted were hers.  It was funny.  The male I had out back for a while was hilarious come breeding season.  He loved to be scratched and petted and would swoon over you and fall down at your feet.  Made it really challenging to change his water or feed.  But the very most hilarious moment is another male my friend was watering, decided she was looking pretty good.   Muddy feet and all, he tried to jump on her back when she was leaning over his water dish...  :o  She wasn't nearly as amused as I was--priceless moments in time...  ;D

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 10:43:36 PM »
Animals can be rather humorous at times.

dthelmers

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012, 01:55:36 AM »
My wife's pot belly pig keeps begging for bacon every time I smoke and slice. Do believe that she'd jump into the cure if there was a way should could get in on the eating!

anutcanfly

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2012, 03:23:49 PM »
Critters don't have the concept of cannibalism to worry about! As long as they are not on the menu, life is good!