Author Topic: cheese course in australia.  (Read 752 times)

Leasa

cheese course in australia.
« on: February 13, 2012, 11:28:51 AM »
Hi to all the australians out there.   
I have just finished a great 2 day cheese course.  2 days and 8 cheeses to take home.  Found it a very worth while weekend, we compleately made all the cheeses ourself, teacher is great, with many years in the cheese world.  Look at: www.cheesemaking.com.au

Cheese leasa

boothrf

Re: cheese course in australia.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 09:39:32 PM »
I saw this course on the net recently Leasa and though it looked good, so thanks for the feedback. I have already done a Cheeselinks course here in Melbourne and found it to be exrtremely useful. I have made lots of cheeses myself now at home including Fetta, Camembert, Cream cheese,  Quarg, Yoghurt, Blue Brie, Mascarpone, Ricotta etc. I'd like to learn some more about hard/semi hard cheese making (cheddar, swiss etc) and thought the cheesemaking.com course might be helpful. Did you spend much time on these styles of cheese?

Thanks, Bob

Leasa

Re: cheese course in australia.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 07:56:52 AM »
hi Bob

like me you have made a few cheese with good results, my partner asked then why do a course?  It really helped me with interpreting the recipes like how exactly to cut the curd and how to stir, but if you have done a course you will have those little things sorted.   With his course it was mainly soft and fresh cheese, but we did make a cheddar and a Camembert.  he does have another course where   you do a blue and hamouli plus more soft cheeses.

cheers leasa