Author Topic: Woot! Cheese cave!  (Read 5243 times)

linuxboy

Re: Woot! Cheese cave!
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 03:44:25 AM »
Pretty sure there's a little wine drinking involved when making wine, too. If not, then I've been doing it wrong. And if I have been, I don't want to be right :)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 03:46:44 AM »
Gotta try that after I retire! And i know right where to go for advice!  ;)

anarch

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 04:03:36 AM »
Ha, my husband brews, I make cheese, we enjoy each others fruits!

I have some good local friends who make wine.  I think it is far harder to make great wine than great beer at home...

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 04:13:47 AM »
Hopefully I will find that out soon. I won't say I made GREAT beer but I made some excelent ones in my day. Not sure I have ever had a beer or a wine I'd call great - now salami - that's another story! we all have our passions!

anarch

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 04:23:11 AM »
Charcuterie.  A true Passion.  We almost got caught smuggling 2 whole para hams and salamis (oh, and a baby wheel of truffle pecorino)  back from our honeymoon backpack in Italy :).

Corina

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 05:18:39 AM »
Oh, such great people here, so many things that you do.
I do not make wine or beer, but we make some stronger drink here from plums, it is called palinca, and I make sausages and smoke-Debi-your site is so great- and over 15 recipes of sour pikels, and bread, and now, from this forum, cheese.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 04:35:51 AM »
Thanks you Corina. I have not done much updating on the website in many years I found I was just duplication the same information on my forum and wasting server space. The webiste is just a tease! The real stuff in on the forum.

Helen

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 05:27:38 AM »
Pretty sure there's a little wine drinking involved when making wine, too. If not, then I've been doing it wrong. And if I have been, I don't want to be right :)

Pretty sure there is beer drinking when making beer at my place. If I am completely truthful, there might be some wine drinking involved with cheese making also  ::)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 02:48:08 AM »
I think it is pretty safe to suggest that we are all DIY junkies here.

Helen

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 04:53:26 AM »
Charcuterie.  A true Passion.  We almost got caught smuggling 2 whole para hams and salamis (oh, and a baby wheel of truffle pecorino)  back from our honeymoon backpack in Italy :).

The first time I visited the usa, I came to see my expat boyfriend who was studying for a year in the usa. He was quite deprived from the french delicacies such kas cheese and salami so I took it upon myself to bring him some goodies. I had 2 luggages, one with clothes and the other one with 8 lbs of cured meat and as much cheese.

What I am proud of is that I did not lie to the custom guy. He only asked if I was carrying bananas.  A)

anarch

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 05:58:45 PM »

The first time I visited the usa, I came to see my expat boyfriend who was studying for a year in the usa. He was quite deprived from the french delicacies such kas cheese and salami so I took it upon myself to bring him some goodies. I had 2 luggages, one with clothes and the other one with 8 lbs of cured meat and as much cheese.

What I am proud of is that I did not lie to the custom guy. He only asked if I was carrying bananas.  A)

LOL!  Love this. 

I brought loads of cheese from France back to Englad with us too, but customs wasn't an issue there.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 07:43:08 AM »
LOL Banannas!

I love Kona coffee and whenever I had to go to Hawaii I would do the same. One case for clothes and another for coffee. Then I mail a box full home. SO cheap there compared to here!