I followed the Amrein-Boyes recipe, more or less, using 4 gals. of milk (a mix of organic and not, 3-1/2 gals whole and 1/2 gal skim). I used a bit over 1/4 tsp. of priopionic bacteria. My main problem while making the cheese was that I didn't have a 4 gal. pot, so was working across two containers, and measuring the PB and rennet is less exact when I work that way. But as I have observed on earlier posts,I am a firm believer that exactness has its limits, especially when one is pursuing a craft such as baking or cheesemaking.
The pots did get hotter than recommended during the initial warm-up. So I had to let the milk sit and cool down a bit before adding the starter/PB. (The good news is that I now have an induction cooktop, which is instantaneously responsive -- but the bad news is that I don't have a 4 gal. pot for use with induction.)
I also pressed a bit more then the guidance: 20 lbs. for 14 hours prior to brining. And, as mentioned earlier, into a vacuum bag in lieu of waxing.