Author Topic: What do you think of this humidity controller, please?  (Read 1243 times)

CheeseyKnees

What do you think of this humidity controller, please?
« on: March 21, 2012, 09:07:27 PM »
Ok, this is not a sales pitch, most of you guys are outside of the UK anyway, where my market is, I believe, so hope I don't get in trouble for this.

On my website you find this humidity controller, which I make and sell specifically for cheese mongering, but which in fact can be used in a number of food processing scenarios.

LINK: http://www.thermofix.co.uk/epages/es139357.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es139357/Products/CTLR-HUMID

Anyway, what I would like to know from you experts is - what do you think of it?  Don't even mention the price - the sensor/probe alone cost nearly £100 (sterling).  Does it look like the kind of thing you would use?

There are two outputs from the PID, one for increading the humidity in a given space, the other for switching on a fan for extracting moisture.  You would simply plug in whatever kit you are using to do those two jobs.

I realise this is a serious piece of kit with a serious price, but it was not built with stuff from eBay and is designed to be top of market sort of thing.  I know many of you like to be able to make your own stuff, and I respect that.

What do you think?  Barking up the wrong tree?  Poor design?  etc.etc.

Thank you in advance for your comments, I look forward to reading them.

Tim
Cedaronics
UK

coroto

Re: What do you think of this humidity controller, please?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 07:38:20 PM »
Given that many cheeses want 90% even 95% humidity, I would wonder about the upper limit being 80% RH.  Is it really topped out at 80%?  I know that it can devilishly hard to get reliable humidity measurements under those conditions, but it sure would be a critical factor for me (if I was looking for such a thing  :) )

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Re: What do you think of this humidity controller, please?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 08:25:43 PM »
I think it looks very nice and well made but I would suspect the price would be tough for most people to swallow unless they were in the business so to speak. Nice job though. Perhaps the range could be extended to 100%? I think you are on the right track don't give up!