Author Topic: Ricki Carroll Typos (other cookbook typos as well)  (Read 2496 times)

Zinger

Ricki Carroll Typos (other cookbook typos as well)
« on: March 13, 2012, 11:50:22 PM »
Do you know of any cheesemaking cookbook typos to share.

Recently I emailed Ricki Carroll concerning her Swiss recipe which called for 1 tsp PS per 2 gallons of milk which is in conflict with the instructions on the PS package, indicating 1/16th tsp per gallon. I got a quick and helpful response pointing out the error in the cookbook - 1/16th tsp per gallon is the correct quantity.

I posted the error on Cheeseforum and someone responded that it would be helpful if somewhere in this forum a list of typos in the Ricki Carroll book was posted. So, I thought that I would start a topic on the subject. Hopefully others will add their typo discoveries.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Re: Ricki Carroll Typos (other cookbook typos as well)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 02:21:17 AM »
Someone a while back listed a bunch he found (sorry I forgot who) and I can not for the life of me find the book to help.

Helen

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 04:58:12 AM »
When it comes to culture quantity, I usually go by the packet instructions or better, by what is recommended on the forum by the experts.

Caseus

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 05:22:37 AM »
What is PS?  Sorry, newb here.

tinysar

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 08:27:54 AM »
The website doesn't have quite as many recipes as her book, but it does have a few new & interesting ones. The typos (like the one mentioned above) seem to have been corrected in the website versions, and the recipes have some variations, plus notes about method which aren't in the book. Also lots of photos, which are always good.