This is a cheese that happened because the milk I had was quickly approaching the pulldate and I didn't want it to just sit there in the fridge until it went bad.
I developed it and washed it with some Vouvray wine I had left over from my Fourme d'Ambert. The linens had pretty much gone crazy before the wine washing because I had washed with SR3 & brine. I discovered that along with infusing wine character when I washed the cheese, I could also remove the linens as I did that. The linens continued to grow afterwards until the next time when I washed it off again. Some linens clung to the crevices. That's okay...not going to be that neat about clearing it from the cheese.
I washed with wine & salt every other day for a month.
Last night I decided I would try one of the little cheeses. The washing had been done earlier in the morning so the rind was pretty clear of linens. It slices well, texture looks good, smells a bit because of the linens, has a little saltiness but not overly so. Nice little cheese.
And an added bonus: for those of you who enjoy seeing the blue
gloves...here they are!