Author Topic: Used Equip. - Molds, Warming Mats, Meter, PID setup, Johnson Controllers, etc.  (Read 9783 times)

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 45
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
Hello everybody: 

It's been quite some time.  I hope all are well.  Unable to continue making cheese, and simplifying our lives accordingly.  Selling off some things at substantially (pretty close to half, I think) off, so if any could use these, good chance to get them cheap:

4 reblochon molds w/ followers: $5.50 each, $20 for the set.  Used once, from Glengarry. - SOLD

Camembert Molds, no followers: $5 for each, $17 for all 4.  A few batches in these, maybe 3-4? - SOLD

Kadova 1.5-2 kg: $50  Used 2-3X (I think?).- SOLD

Tomme mold w/follower: $7.  Used on several tommes, can't recall how many (8-10?) - SOLD

PID Controller with thermocouple & solid state relay: $30 (Per Iratherfly's ingenious thread and idea). - Sold

Seed Starter warming mats: $12 each, $20 for both (Got the idea from Sailor on this one - they worked great, wrapped around the cheese molds during pressing, etc). - SOLD

Extech pH110 meter - $35.  As most probably know, there has been an issue with these meters working properly.  It took me 3 meters (to Extech's credit, given without question when I contacted them on how screwy the original was performing) to get one that, by all I can tell, performed well.  This one was my workhorse during my time making cheese.  That said, it's been quite awhile, so I don't know how it's doing now but presume it's fine.  I know that's lame, but I am letting it go so cheaply simply because I don't want to trouble with maintaining it any longer.  I keep it in pH 4 buffer, and it's never dried out.  - Sold

Johnson external thermostatic controller (copper probe, keeps converted refrigerators to cheese aging, beer cellar temps): $15 each or $25 for both. - SOLD

SS Milk Tote with lid, gasket (holds about 6 gallons): $45 - SOLD

Thanks for looking.  Best wishes, everyone.

Paul
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:31:21 AM by ArnaudForestier »
- Paul

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Paul-
Hope everything is okay. I might be interested in many of these items but I forgot where you live.

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
Hey Debi - thanks.  Yep, things are OK, just have an issue that's chronic and pretty much means I can't do stuff like this anymore.  No biggie, just something to deal with. 

I'm in Madison.  Can ship any of this stuff, forgot where you are, just let me know if interested.  Hope you're well - too hot a Spring here, for my taste!

Paul
- Paul

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
Glad to hear you are okay but sad you'll be giving up cheese. I am not in cheese mode these days but I will be again soon I think. I will take these items off your hands:

4 reblochon molds w/ followers: $5.50 each, $20 for the set. Used once, from Glengarry.
Camembert Molds, no followers: $5 for each, $17 for all 4. A few batches in these, maybe 3-4?
Kadova 1.5-2 kg: $50 Used 2-3X (I think?).
Tomme mold w/follower: $7. Used on several tommes, can't recall how many (8-10?)
Seed Starter warming mats: $12 each, $20 for both (Got the idea from Sailor on this one - they worked great, wrapped around the cheese molds during pressing, etc).
Johnson external thermostatic controller (copper probe, keeps converted refrigerators to cheese aging, beer cellar temps): $15 each or $25 for both.
SS Milk Tote with lid, gasket (holds about 6 gallons): $45

Let me know how to arrange payment. PM maybe?

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
Wow, thank you, Debi.   :)

PM sent. 
- Paul

heather s

Hi Paul - what do you have left now?
Cheers, Heather

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
I didn't take;

PID Controller with thermocouple & solid state relay: $30 (Per Iratherfly's ingenious thread and idea).

Extech pH110 meter - $35.  As most probably know, there has been an issue with these meters working properly.  It took me 3 meters (to Extech's credit, given without question when I contacted them on how screwy the original was performing) to get one that, by all I can tell, performed well.  This one was my workhorse during my time making cheese.  That said, it's been quite awhile, so I don't know how it's doing now but presume it's fine.  I know that's lame, but I am letting it go so cheaply simply because I don't want to trouble with maintaining it any longer.  I keep it in pH 4 buffer, and it's never dried out. 

smellysell

I'll take the ph meter.

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
Thank you, everyone.  Smelly, PM sent, Heather, wish I had more to go but I'm afraid Debi's kindly taken most, and the meter's pending.  The only thing I have left is the PID controller system, which is a pretty specific thing, I understand. 

Best wishes everybody,

Paul
- Paul

Sailor Con Queso

Paul - I'll take the PID controller.

Ed

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
It's yours, Sailor.  And thank you, and Pav, and Francois, and Boof, and Wayne, and...and......

You're all a great bunch of people.  All my best to you - prosper, be in good health.

Paul :)
- Paul

zenith1

Paul sorry to hear that you are having some of life's issues and will not be able to continue with your cheese making. Good luck in the future.

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
Oh, noooooo!  :(

Paul, we'd only just begun....

We will really miss you, Sir. Be well.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
Thank you very much, fellas.  You guys are simply the best.  I feel very fortunate to have come across this site (thank you, John) and you folks.  All my best for your success and joy.

Paul
- Paul

MrsKK

Paul, I'm so sorry to hear this, knowing the dreams you had about your own cow herd, etc.  I hope that you will check in from time to time, just to chat with old friends. 

Best wishes to you.