Author Topic: Haloumi recipe I have used commercially for 4 yrs  (Read 24881 times)

Tomer1

Re: Haloumi recipe I have used commercially for 4 yrs
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2013, 01:40:51 PM »

My lunch.  green lentil curry (tomatos, turmaric,garlic, cumin, 1 dry aromatic mushrooms, alot of basil, a touch of thini in the end to thicken) , chocolate cherry tomatos (very high in sugar) and pan fried in olive oil Haloumi.  A bit more basil for decore  ^-^

Spellogue

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2013, 06:14:43 AM »
Mmmmm. That looks delicious. I love halloumi.

I make a goat milk halloumi with fresh mint leaves folded into the curd before pressing, slicing, and brining.  I do make it quite salty, about the saltiness of green olives. It keeps well for a very long time in the fridge.  We like to fry it and serve it on a meze plate along with dolmades, baba ganouj, tabbouleh, and pita.  It is also great topping a fatoosh salad.

Tan

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2018, 06:58:18 AM »
Hi,
What was the yield, Halloumi wise,  that you got from the 10 litres of cow milk ?

paul pennell

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2018, 07:22:16 AM »
Hi everyone,
I have been a commercial cheesemaker for the past 4 years in a really successful tiny cottage industry called Tweed Valley Whey Farmhouse Cheeses. I have finished my partnership as of this week and I am ready to share the secrets.

Hi and thanks - why are you leaving, i have heard some amazing things about you and your cheeses ....?

Offline Cameron1997

• New Cheese
  • Cheeses: 0
  • Default personal text
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2022, 04:39:00 AM »
Hi

I have been making halloumi for a few months now with good success. In the recipe it says to boil the Haloumi in water instead of the whey which still gets the desired result in texture etc, but I was wondering if anyone else has tried this and noticed any impacts to the flavour compared with boiling in the whey? I am yet to try this method as the other one worked straight away. I have ben using sheep's milk and 2-3% salt which gives a nice creamy, milky flavour which can be easily flavoured.

Thanks in advance.