Author Topic: My Christmas Juustoa  (Read 8731 times)

John@PC

Re: My Christmas Juustoa
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2014, 12:15:49 PM »
I'll post details on a separate post but did want to thank Glenn again for posting this recipe.  Looking at it it looks falling-off-a-log easy like paneer but while the make is "easy" the finishing (or should I say Finnishing ;)) including the whey draining and broiling has some art to it. Maybe I got lucky but the results are fantastic to look at and trimming some excess cheese from the wheels here and it has a great sweet flavor as well.   Anyway, it was a fun make and another cheese to Glenn for bringing this sweet-squeaky to our attention. 

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:20:55 PM by John@PC »

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 45
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2014, 12:31:58 PM »
VERY nice,  John, those looks yummy!  Cheese to you!
- Paul

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 45
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2014, 12:33:22 PM »
BTW - Yooper?

Currently, but soon be an ex-yooper.  I'm moving to Eau Claire next week!  Hopefully I can find some other curd nerds to swap cheese.

OK.  Married to a yooper-blooded, go up there all the time.  Good luck on the move. 

Nice thread, cheese to you as well, Glenn.
- Paul

GlennK

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 01:56:09 AM »
That's a great looking cheese John. It does have a beautiful Finnish! My mouth is watering. A cheese to you!

John@PC

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 04:08:43 PM »
Thanks Glenn and Paul.  I just posted my first Juustoa in a separate thread.  If you see it Glenn please correct any mistakes you see as I'm not a Finn or Laplander but love the cheese.