Author Topic: Questions - Mature Cheese Taste/Aroma vs Cultures & Making Warming Milk, Curd Size, & Temperature Co  (Read 4024 times)

Annie

Thanks so much for the additional info on calibration.

Luckily I am at sea level (like 13 inches above) because I'm not so good at math  ;D

I calibrated back to freezing, and that is working soooo much better for me, thank you for suggesting that!

I still don't have a ph meter, but I am getting good at smelling :)

knipknup

Hi Annie.  I recommend getting a stainless brewing thermometer.  They are typically a dial with a stem that is around 12" long and run about $20 or less.  Any local home brew shop will have them.  You could go with glass but they break.  I've been using my stainless one for about 6 years and it is also water proof so I can wash it off without worry.  If you don't have any local home brew stores in your area, try midwest brewing or homebrew.com.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Most digitals can be calibrated as well but you have to save the directions becuase they are all different. I prefer the dial type for calibration just a little nut to tweak - kind of like me!  ;D

Annie

Thanks for the recommendation, Knip, and the heads-up on the instructions, Debi :)