Author Topic: Looking For Market Info  (Read 1593 times)

Alpkäserei

Looking For Market Info
« on: April 26, 2014, 04:45:56 PM »
Hello,

I am looking for some market info from small cheesemakers around the country. Specifically I would like to know:
What is your production yearly?
How do you split your market between direct sales, sales to other stores/markets, farmers market sales, restaurant sales, etc?
Where are you located?
What are your prices for direct/wholesale, etc.?

If you would like to share this information, PM me and I will keep it confidential. If you would prefer to email or call me, PM me and I will send you that information.

I am setting up my business with a target of 15000 to 16000 pounds of production per year of aged cheese. I know what I want to charge, I know what I need to sell, I know how I want to put it all together. So I'm not asking for how I should do things. I just need to put together a brief market survey of other operations -not just those the same size but some smaller, some bigger, etc. So I have something to show to potential investors.

WovenMeadows

Re: Looking For Market Info
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 06:08:02 PM »
I've found the Vermont Cheese Marketing Study helpful for this purpose. It's a 2006 survey of Vermont cheesemakers, detailing their production, distribution breakdown, and pricing.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 06:29:47 PM by WovenMeadows »