Author Topic: Raw Cows Milk in Western North Carolina  (Read 3107 times)

sakhi108

Raw Cows Milk in Western North Carolina
« on: April 06, 2013, 02:02:09 PM »
Raw milk for animal consumption only, as mandated by state law, is available for delivery to Asheville, Hendersonville, and Rutherfordton North Carolina. Our milk comes from grass fed Jersey that do not receive any hormons or antibiotics.

The thing that is unique about our product is that it comes from a sustainable herd, managed with the concept of long lactations and fewer breedings. This alows us to have a truly cruelty free dairy. None of our cows nor any of their calves, no matter what the gender, will ever be slaughtered. The income of the milking cows will be sufficient to maintain all the retired cows on pasture.

Ultimately, this means we are able to offer wholesome, healthful, organic, raw pets milk from right here in Rutherford County.
Our milk is $10 per gallon. Please contact for more information.

Sailor Con Queso

Re: Raw Cows Milk in Western North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 09:24:02 PM »
You really should introduce yourself and participate a little before you post a sales pitch. :)

glasman

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 12:12:41 PM »
FYI i'm in WNC and the grade A inspector tries to discourage pet food sales. he checks craigs list to see how much pet food is out there. my dairyman is in polk county and he's been spreading milk on his fields do to lack of buyers. unfortunate, but people are still a bit weiry about buying raw milk. V

sakhi108

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 11:57:28 AM »
Sorry about the lack of introduction. I did not mean to offend anyone, just trying to spread the word. I thought that cheese makers of all people would appreciate good raw milk, for those extra special pets. And like Victor said it is difficult to find customers for raw milk for animal consumption.   
Personally I am a newbie at making cheese. I generally just make Panir. I have tried fromage blanc once and failed, I think I was draining it in too warm of a room (it turned nasty). As well as mozzarella which turned out pretty well. :) With our new cow coming in and tons of extra milk flowing I will get the opportunity to make a lot more cheese.  Thankfully I have a friend from CA visiting who is often on this site and making cheese to show me the ropes.
Yay for cheese!