Author Topic: Salt - By The Sack  (Read 9027 times)

wharris

Re: Salt - By The Sack
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 01:50:37 AM »
Wayne, Morton's won't sell it to you directly?     (216) 664-0728

Have you talked to Gordon Food Service up in Strongsville on Pearl (past Whitney, but before the onramp)? They can usually custom order.

I have looked online at Mortons for something I can buy, and I have stalked the isles of  GFS (at that location....) , both to no avail.
However, I have not made any special inquiry.  Thanks Linuxboy.

linuxboy

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 02:26:45 AM »
All their special stuff like 50 lb sacks for food industry is special order. Have to request it. Morton's has something like 8 different kinds of flake salt (different dissolution rate, flake size, etc) they can sell to you special order. It's something like $10/sack. Maybe you can even go to the warehouse and pick it up.

Cheese Head

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 12:32:21 PM »
Added a Guide Brochure to our Library on Cargill's Manufactured Salts and their applicability to different foods including cheese making by type.

Scarlet Runner

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 12:06:58 AM »
I gave Cartierusm and John (CH) each a cheese for this post, as each of them contributed to me buying my own 50 lbs of Table Salt to fuel my Gouda-making efforts over the next year. Fifty pounds for 8 bucks at Sams Club.  Thanks guys  :)

susanky

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 12:40:42 PM »
BTW: Marion-Kay is a good suppier of spices. (this is the company Harland Sanders used for making his chicken) The 99-X Chicken Seasoning is very close to the Original Recipe. The chicken needs to be cooked in a modified pressure cooker filled with oil.  ;D

Now I am a bit off topic but this looked fantastic.  Tell me about a modified pressure cooker.  Is Harland Sanders Colonel Sanders?
Susan