So i made 2 new cheeses: all with 3% h/p milk.
1. feta. worm 4L to 32C, add 1/4 dry cacl2 and 1/8 mm100 and let sit 1 hour.
after 1 hour add 6 pipette drops of rennet. 25 minute floc time and cut after 100 minutes.
Let drain for 15 hours. I test the cheese and was little bitterness and i think that i did
not felt the bitterness with the previous feta was because the salt taste from brine.
2. Zfatit cheese. warm 3L to 40C and add little less then 1/4 dry cacl2, add 4 pipette drops of rennet.
cut after 100 minutes. after few stirs i removed 1/3 of whey and add 3 tbs of salt. transfer
to mold and let drain 18 hours.
again ugly bitter cheese.
Since i add a little amount of rennet i understand that there is a problem with
the amount of cacl2 that i add and decided to take Jeff idea and do set of tests.
At the first 2 test i did not add any cacl2 and increase the amount of rennet:
1. Zfatit cheese. warm to 40C and add 1/16 ma011 and 6 pipette drops of rennet.
cut after 50 minutes! after few stirs i removed 1/3 of whey and add 3 tbs of salt. transfer
to mold. curds are good, firm as with cacl2. So what i understand is the the temperature
have a great role. After 18 hours drain at room temperature the cheese become much dry and firm over what it should be and also ugly and sour.
2. Feta, process as before, no cacl2, 8 pipette drops of rennet. One hour and
to folc time so tomorrow new test with 1/4 33% cacl2.
New day new test again the same 2 cheeses. (Room temperature 28C)
1. Zfatit cheese. 3L of milk, warm to 38C and add 1/4 tsp 33% cacl2, 2 tsp of leben (cultured milk), 2 tsp of vinegar and 4 pipette drops of rennet.
cut after 35 minutes!? ( after few stirs i removed 1/3 of whey and add 3 tbs of salt. transfer
to mold. This time because of Room temperature i put to drain in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
Cheese turn out great! no bitterness, sour or what ever.
1. feta. worm 4L to 32C, add 1/4 tsp 33% cacl2 and 1/8 mm100 and let sit 1 hour.
after 1 hour add 12 pipette drops of rennet. 10 minute floc time (so fast) and cut after 40 minutes. This time because of Room temperature i put to drain in the refrigerator but after 18 hours the cheese was to wet so i took it out to room temperature with air conditioning for 12 more hours. Cheese is great.
Those last 2 cheese where floc very fast and i did not use more rennet then before and i use less cacl2 then before maybe Room temperature or because the end of the rennet
is more concentrated.
This is my last test for now and i finished all my rennet and i am waiting for new one from cheesemaking.com which give the amount to use.