Author Topic: B Linens and Body Odour  (Read 11185 times)

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
Re: B Linens and Body Odour
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 02:29:12 PM »
I've got to find that herbal remedy the healer gave me for my persistent bot fly infestation. Boy, my head itches.  :P

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

tinysar

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 02:39:16 AM »
I used to work a cheese counter and EVEN THOUGH I WORE GLOVES, cutting the Domestic German Brick, I still had the stink on my hands for 2 DAYS!!!

I wonder if the persistent smell might be caused by ammonia, rather than any kind of bacterial infestation? Gloves wouldn't stop a gas.

smilingcalico

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 05:33:12 AM »
I'm not sure, the smell was definitely more than ammonia, but I can see where that's a contender.  In the end, does it matter, my hands stank like $#!+ and that's what counted.  I'll let you know though, as I'll be doing washed rind cheeses often with my new employer.

Tomer1

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 10:33:12 AM »
B Linens is the same bacteria strain
allow me to correct.
Its the same genus (species), not strain. there are as many strains as people I would imagine. :)

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 03:16:22 AM »
Sorry I haven't worked out how to specifically quote a section of a post...
Click on the QUOTE at the top right of whatever post you'd like to quote. You'll see <open bracket>"quote author=" with the author's name, the topic number and the <close bracket>. At the very end of the quoted passage you'll see "/quote" surrounded by brackets, indicating the close point of the passage you just quoted. As long as you don't touch the bracketed open quote or closing quote, you can delete anything in that quote. To check on your work, go to the bottom of your posting and click on Preview.

Hope that helps.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

hoeklijn

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 06:50:52 PM »
We should also remember that bathing, in western europe anyway, is a relatively new idea

Well, we are lucky to learn fast   ^-^ By the way, my avatar is a picture of the townhall of Gouda, finished in 1459, a 147 years before Dutch explorers discovered Australia  >:D

B Linens is the same bacteria strain that causes body odour, in particular on the feet.

mmm, any idea to how make a slurry with this information?

I somewhere read that in some French districts it is forbidden to have Epoisses with you in public transport. Anybody knowing if this is true? 

Offline NimbinValley

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 7
  • Default personal text
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 12:54:03 AM »
We should also remember that bathing, in western europe anyway, is a relatively new idea

Well, we are lucky to learn fast   ^-^ By the way, my avatar is a picture of the townhall of Gouda, finished in 1459, a 147 years before Dutch explorers discovered Australia  >:D

...and if I remember my high school history correctly they said it was the most miserable place on earth with no potential so they left a plaque made of pewter with their details on it  (not sure who they thought would read it?) and promptly left...and the rest is history!

hoeklijn

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 04:38:20 AM »
LOL, yes, and we also didn't do a very good deal in trading New Amsterdam (New York) for Surinam...

Offline NimbinValley

• Mature Cheese
  • Default personal text
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 05:35:19 AM »
well the climate is much better in Surinam...its all in how you look at it.

Banjoza

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 06:55:13 AM »
Disgusting thought but I sort of have a vision of "ancient" man - or woman lugging a wheel of cheese to the market under her armpit and the buyer only getting round to eating it some months later and finding it especially delicious....

Offline NimbinValley

• Mature Cheese
  • Default personal text
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 12:54:44 AM »
It all depends on how you look at it... most of the beasties that live in and around us are harmless.  And given their co-evolution with us it is no surprise that people find their flavours etc and other effects on food to be pleasurable.  What I find disturbing is that if things such as e-coli had been on the whole beneficial to us in some ways then we may today be cultivating faecal type flavours in our food instead of diacetyl etc.  Food for thought?  I'll stick to diacetyl thanks...

Sailor Con Queso

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2012, 02:12:40 PM »
I guess you might call a fecal (E. coli) cheese a HaFARTY. ;)

Dulcelife

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2012, 04:03:24 PM »
Disgusting thought but I sort of have a vision of "ancient" man - or woman lugging a wheel of cheese to the market under her armpit and the buyer only getting round to eating it some months later and finding it especially delicious....

Don't forget the fine red wine made from the sweaty, yeasty-foot-mashed mash that buyer bought to go along with the cheese.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:16:39 PM by Dulcelife »

Banjoza

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 05:59:32 PM »
Ugh!  I think I just became a beer and pickles eater. That highbrow cheese and wine stuff is just not all it's cracked up to be!

george

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 10:07:59 AM »
I guess you might call a fecal (E. coli) cheese a HaFARTY. ;)

Oh boy, Sailor, that one was so bad I went and scared the cat laughing again.   ;D   Thanks for my morning guffaw.