Author Topic: Plyban Cheesecloth - Reducing Wrinkles Around Wheel Perimeter  (Read 7098 times)

Myrrh

Re: Plyban Cheesecloth - Reducing Wrinkles Around Wheel Perimeter
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 03:54:44 PM »
I find cutting the plyban to fit the mold very helpful. One for the top, one for the bottom, and a strip to go around the sides. Before going in for the last pressing I take off the side strip. I have found that in my mold the cheese drains just fine naked, but the textured plyban or cloth is what gives me really good smooth curd knit. Good luck!

linuxboy

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »
I find cutting the plyban to fit the mold very helpful. One for the top, one for the bottom, and a strip to go around the sides. Before going in for the last pressing I take off the side strip. I have found that in my mold the cheese drains just fine naked, but the textured plyban or cloth is what gives me really good smooth curd knit. Good luck!

I have found no better approach for consistent presentation than to use cloth or plastic liners exactly as Myrrh describes. About the only improvement is to demould early while cheese is pliable and then use a "shaping" mold or a follower to create impressions. An italian ricotta or tomme mold, or woven basket works really well here.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 02:25:44 AM »
That how I do it too.