Author Topic: My First Tomme  (Read 29557 times)

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
Re: My First Tomme
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2012, 11:12:12 PM »
I've taken to brushing the sourdough (the chewier & crustier the better)with olive oil and crushed garlic, but sometimes only butter will do.  Is there life without sourdough, or grilled cheese?

Yum!!  Reminds me of when I used to soften sundried tomatoes with just a bit of water on low heat.....just enough to make them soft enough to chew easily and then I'd crush a whole LOT of garlic and make a 50/50 mix of sundried tomatoes and garlic and then put a half inch layer on a slab of bread.  No trouble with vampires for sure!!!  We still keep a jar of olive oil with lots of crushed garlic in the fridge for dipping or slathering any time of night or day.  Garlic is an important part of what makes eating fun, along with cheese of course!   ;D

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2012, 12:17:07 AM »
Is that your cheese with cumin Boofer?  How did you like it?
The caption on the pic says it all...and I love it!  :)

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

anutcanfly

« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2012, 02:18:40 PM »
 The caption!  :-[  This is why I've walked into so many telephone poles during my life!  I'm continuously amazed at how often I fail to see the obvious!  ::)

That does sound good Tiarella.  I'll have to try that way.  I normally just let my tomatoes simmer for hours.  I use at least 10 cloves of garlic in a quart of sauce.  You just can't have too much garlic!  :P
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:21:29 AM by anutcanfly »

bbracken677

« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2012, 08:35:21 PM »
Viva le garlic! My favorite herb....I will say: "Can never have too much garlic" and my wife will reply: "oh yeah, you can!"   ;)

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2012, 10:10:12 PM »
Aaaaah, I am among my people!!!!  Garlic lovers unite!!!   ;D

BobE102330

« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2012, 10:32:00 PM »
My sweetie says you cannot have too much garlic or make the coffee too strong. She's a keeper! 8)

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2012, 03:26:56 AM »
Definite keeper!!  I'm glad for you.  My honey is of Italian descent so needless to say that he loves garlic.  We were heartbroken when it seemed he was allergic to it for a while.....I didn't know how to cook without it.  Luckily he gave up on avoiding it and life was worth living once again!  I routinely use at least 1 head of garlic per dinner.  It's time to plant next year's crop this weekend.....I think I'm late this year.  Harvested enough this summer for more than a head each day so I feel good about the coming winter!

JeffHamm

« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2012, 11:30:52 PM »
Had the last piece today.  It was good to the end.  Yum.

- Jeff

bbracken677

« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2012, 01:28:06 PM »
haha  Definitely a success then!  A cheesy poof for you, Jeff!