Coping with an extremely hot summer (well over 100 today) and that means my kitchen is well over 80 during the day. I'm so anxious to get on with making my next cheese - a basic cheddar - but I'm a little concerned about how that temperature might affect things. In particular, I guess I'm worried about drying at "room temperature" for a couple of days. Should I hold off for cooler weather? Right now it feels like that will NEVER happen, and I have all these cultures just screaming at me to get with it, but I don't want to mess it up either, if it's best to wait this out a bit. (However, I will sulk and whine
) Note, I would likely use raw milk, if that makes a difference in terms of safety issues. And if I actually cook a meal, my kitchen easily goes to 85 degrees or more. Ugh.