floc multiplier for camembert & brie

Started by mbox, December 28, 2012, 02:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbox

i am just making double cream brie (8inch wheels)and camembert(4inch wheels)  in side by side batches and was wondering instead of following the waiting time as per 200recipes i could also do the flocculation  style. What is the multiplier.for cam or brie Is it 5 or am i wrong with this? Sorry if it has been mentioned before but i have  also read of multipliers of 3. Thx for your feedback , mbox

bbracken677

The multiplier for a brie or cam should be 6x

3x would for a cheddar type...much less moisture left in the curds.

mbox

Quote from: bbracken677 on December 28, 2012, 03:42:43 PM
The multiplier for a brie or cam should be 6x

3x would for a cheddar type...much less moisture left in the curds.
Perfect, thank you for the swift reply.....still on time :-) and the 6 factor coincides with the one mentioned in time (in the book)

mbox

Well, the "war" is over and all went smooth....thx once again for the multiplier.....i wonder  is this multiplier standard on certain cheeses or does it change on circumstances ? As i am  experimenting on new cheeses too it would be great if there is some kind of list around for the floc's . Need to say, i am sitting on a tab most of time these days, so i hope i havent missed this in case things were posted about it.

Schnecken Slayer

There is a general guide on this site http://www.curd-nerd.com/flocculation-method/
I haven't found a similar one here yet.
-Bill
One day I will add something here...

bbracken677

Quote from: mbox on December 28, 2012, 07:34:35 PM
Well, the "war" is over and all went smooth....thx once again for the multiplier.....i wonder  is this multiplier standard on certain cheeses or does it change on circumstances ? As i am  experimenting on new cheeses too it would be great if there is some kind of list around for the floc's . Need to say, i am sitting on a tab most of time these days, so i hope i havent missed this in case things were posted about it.

Here is a document that is currently in our library that covers the subject pretty well (Thanks DeejayDebi)   

Schnecken Slayer

I thought there would be one.  Thanks.  :D
-Bill
One day I will add something here...