Draining Mats - Professional From Cheeselinks.com.au

Started by Tea, February 19, 2009, 08:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tea

Ok I have been bemoaning the lack of good draining mats for a while now, so just bought some to try from Cheeselinks.  They had mat pieces going for $1.00 each, so I bough 6, and a 1mtr piece, which is yet to arrive.  Hoping this works better than the bamboo mats, and I am tired of getting mould in the base of my cheeses.

When I have used them, I will let you know what I think.

Cartierusm

If they are yet to arrive, what is the mold sitting on in the pic?

Tea

The little pieces arrived, the big sheet was yet to arrive, my apologies if I messed up that explaination.

saycheese

Tea,
Those mats look great.  I am anxious to hear how well they work for you.

Cartierusm

Cheese Head

Tea, thanks for the picture, the lines look haphazard not perfectly parallel.

It's almost of it is to recreate the print of a more natural reed-bamboo type mat!

Tea

The spaced horizontal and diagonal lines are raised ridges on the underside of the mats.

Cheese Head

Thanks Tea, OK so the up user side is different from eth down side. I juts checeked CheeseLinks.com.au and none for available now.

Cheese Head

Tea, well darn! But they do have ricotta molds on for AUD0.50 each, no info on size . . .

I just re-read my post above, I'm an awful typer, I must use the Spell Check feature more often.

DeejayDebi

Well if those aren't available WalMart has plastic canvas for cross stitching 6 sheets for $3.87.

kai

DeejayDebi, I have 2 pcs of them but I am not sure it's OK for food.
Could you check that canvas made from PP or what kind of plastic? Cause cheese always work in acid.

DeejayDebi

I know others that use these but I will ask the company.

Tea

Thanks Deb, I will have to keep my eye out for them.

DeejayDebi

I just found the company online and fired off and email request forinfo explaining that my intent is to use them to drain cheese. We'll see what they say.