My first Tilsit was cut today

Started by mbox, February 19, 2013, 09:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbox

Today i cut open my first Tilsit  and i had to taste it of course too :) Recipe was from 200 recipes btw
So i took the knife and the handle broke off  ;D
Grabbed a bigger knife and glided through than i took a cheese shaver to do some tasting on it. it is a beautiful tasting cheese - this cheese is also quite popular in Austria so i had a taste on the good old memories too ...
here some pics i just made:

mbox

Schnecken Slayer

That looks great & the rind looks amazing!
-Bill
One day I will add something here...

Boofer

Looks nice and very sliceable. Good job!

Not too many Tilsitter cheeses have been featured on the forum. Come to think of it...two! Yours and mine. :)

After my first effort, I started using the recipe from Danisco instead of the 200 Easy version. It's a different take on how the cheese might be crafted. I have attached it to this post for your consideration.

-Boofer-

Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

mbox

Quote from: Boofer on February 19, 2013, 02:50:26 PM

Not too many Tilsitter cheeses have been featured on the forum. Come to think of it...two! Yours and mine. :)

After my first effort, I started using the recipe from Danisco instead of the 200 Easy version. It's a different take on how the cheese might be crafted. I have attached it to this post for your consideration.

-Boofer-

Thanks a lot for the nice feedbacks Boofer & Schnecken Slayer

Boofer , i wanted to ask this already before but what exactly is

Choozit Alp D
Choozit PLA

I know the brand name but PLA ? & Alp D , i don't really know what it is...

thx, mbox

Boofer

Quote from: mbox on February 19, 2013, 04:05:12 PM
Quote from: Boofer on February 19, 2013, 02:50:26 PM

-Boofer-

Thanks a lot for the nice feedbacks Boofer & Schnecken Slayer

Boofer , i wanted to ask this already before but what exactly is

Choozit Alp D
Choozit PLA

I know the brand name but PLA ? & Alp D , i don't really know what it is...

thx, mbox
Here you go.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

mbox

KTownCheese

Im so excited to try these recipes!  I abolutely love tilsit and any cheese using B.Linens!
I just started a batch of limburger and hope to put on some tilsit this weekend!
Cheers
Albert