First cheddar with herbs

Started by Eileen, February 20, 2013, 10:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Altitude

Funny Boofer!  Checked out that link yesterday.  I have 8 cheeses in the 'cave', one in make on the stove (Jarlsberg :-) and one to make tomorrow....and I have yet to try any of them.  Wonder how many of those I will add to the Cheese Wall of Shame!

Boofer

Quote from: High Altitude on February 26, 2013, 09:47:15 PM
Wonder how many of those I will add to the Cheese Wall of Shame!
Ah, now that's confidence! ;)

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

CWREBEL

High Altitude

There is no true success without failure (let's just hope not too much in the cheesemaking world!).

Eileen

Thanks for all the advice. I think I may try a Caerphilly as my husband likes it although it is a little bland for my taste.

I am currently using only milk very local to our village and although it is homogenised and pastuerised, I find calcium choloride seems to deal with any problems. To my delight I have discovered a source of natural spring water in the locality which I shall be using in future. Up until now I have been buying bottled spring water which although cheap enough, rather negates my principle of using really local resources.

I live in Cornwall in the South West of the UK and am surrounded by villages with the strangest of names. Amongst them are Water-Ma-Trout, Goon Gumpas, Playing Place, Mousehole, Indian Queens, Little Beside,  Praze-an-Beeble, Knave Go by.

Knave Go By is where the spring or shute is http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=541806289176863

bbrown131211

Lovely looking cheese -- can't wait to hear how it turns out. I use herbs frequently in my cheeses -- dill, sage, cumin, caraway -- but have never tried multiple herbs. You have inspired me!