New member from UK

Started by quidnunc, March 31, 2013, 11:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quidnunc

Hi everyone.
I have just registered and want to introduce myself.  I am 75 years old, live in Brierley Hill (a town in the West Midlands region of the UK), live alone and have recently started to make my own cheese.

I have many interests, almost exclusively intellectual rather than physical, and normally with a science connection.  I am a keen cook and make everything from scratch where possible.  I dehydrate foods for future use and now I am adding cheese-making to my skills. 

I think the modern child has little or no inkling of where their food comes from or how it is made and therefore will find it difficult in a future world in which many things we take for granted now will become more and more scarce.  I would like to pass on what skills I have acquired to my grandchildren in the hope that if and when life becomes difficult they have the knowledge to be able to go back to basics and improvise.  I will be asking a lot of questions about cheese-making and hope that other members will be kind enough to offer their help and guidance.

Quidnunc

stinkymccheese

Welcome to the Forum, we've been expecting you.

Boofer

Welcome to the forum, Quidnunc.

Looking forward to reading and seeing about your cheese exploits.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

Salilah

Welcome - great to see someone else here from the UK!
Look forward to your posts
Salilah, Cambridge / North London

jwalker