How did the epoisse type that sheepj76 started on 3/14/13 work out?

Started by andreark, March 02, 2014, 05:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andreark

The last epoisse photo or information that Sheepj76 posted was at the beginning of the process.  How did this cheese turn out?

andreark

Al Lewis

Not sure on that one but, if you're looking to make some this make came out great.   See reply # 37.
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

andreark

Certainly looks great.  Sorry, but I don't know how to access reply #37.  Does this contain a recipe? Can you illuminate?

andrea

JeffHamm

Hi andreak,

Click on the word "this" above the picture.  That will take you to the thread in question.  You can see at the top of each response, Reply #etc, just scroll down until you find Reply #37.  :)  Looks a fairly straightforward make.  I can't tell from the post what size the moulds are, or how strong the rennet is though?

- Jeff

Al Lewis

Thanks Jeff.  I used 5 1/4" molds and 1/2 tablet of rennet, instead of the liquid, but if you continue to follow the thread the entire make with all of the info is there.

andreark

To Al Lewis,

Thanks for your posts.  I just copied your recipe and will try it next Thurs.(the day the raw Jersey is delivered).  I am so excited about this
possibility that I would like to give you a cheese.  I will be posting photos as it progresses, but I will start a new thread with your name
on it.  Now, , , to try to give you a cheese!  This is only my second attempt at doing this.  Please let me know if it works.

andreark

Al Lewis

Just click where it says (thumbs up) under my name. Hope it works out as good for you as me.

JeffHamm

Thanks Al.  Will have a read through the thread.  The results look fantastic.

- Jeff

andreark

This is for Jeff.  I almost forgot that I wanted to give you a cheese for helping find 'Reply 37'.  So here goes.

andreark