recipe mozzarella with several types of bacterial culture

Started by mohamed, June 01, 2014, 05:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mohamed

hello everyone

ingredient:

-10 L of raw milk
-1 packet thermophilic culture C201 (CULTURE INCLUDES: lactose, (ST) streptococcus thermophilus, (LB) lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, (LH) lactobacillus helveticus)
-1 Yogurt natural 100G (CULTURE INCLUDES: Lactose, Dry milk powder, (ST) Streptococcus thermophilus, (LB) Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, (LA) Lactobacillus acidophilus, (LBL) Lactobacillus lactis, Bifidobacterium lactis, autolyzed yeast. )
-1/4 lipase Active pregastric esterase enzymes
-Rennet 2.5 ml liquid rennet 1:10000

same procedure as Old original recipe mozzarella the only difference this is to put 1h the culture before the presure only
I await your comments

@+
Hidri

henrikpoa

Dear Hidri,
Would you change anything special if you used low pasturized non homogenized milk instead of raw milk?
This is what i can find in Sweden.

Also do you know in what proportions the Culture c201 is? For exampale  66% ST and 16% LB and 16% LH ?

Thank you.

mohamed

Hi henrikpoa,

Would you change anything special if you used low pasturized non homogenized milk instead of raw milk?

not change

Also do you know in what proportions the Culture c201 is? For exampale  66% ST and 16% LB and 16% LH ?

no I do not know (http://www.cheesemaking.com/shop/thermophilic-ds-culture-5-pack.html)

@+

henrikpoa

Ok thank you,
Iam currently trying to master this mozzarella but still it is a bit more rubbery than mozzarella bought from the supermarket. But the taste is at a different level though.
I have to work alot on this.
Is there any particular reason that you heat up to 37 degrees instead of 32 degrees that is practised by many other recipies?

mohamed

Hi henrikpoa,

32 degrees = mozzarella for salads and it is not rubbery (for direct consumption)
37 degrees = mozzarella for pizza and rubbery (for cooking)
test, is suitable for your taste and your needs

@+

henrikpoa

Wonderful reply since iam trying to make mozzarella for my neapolitan pizza :)
Thank you

decadentcookie

Quote from: Hidri Mohamed on October 24, 2014, 03:47:07 PM
Hi henrikpoa,

32 degrees = mozzarella for salads and it is not rubbery (for direct consumption)
37 degrees = mozzarella for pizza and rubbery (for cooking)
test, is suitable for your taste and your needs

@+
Do you think this would apply to "quick mozzarella" as well? I am trying to make for neapolitan pies to melt a bit better (not melt crazy but not stay like a thick blob)