Author Topic: Too Much Pressure/Update/Mis-shapen  (Read 5510 times)

cindybman

Re: Too Much Pressure/Update/Mis-shapen
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2015, 08:11:46 PM »
Awake... it took me several minutes and several re-reads, and then, like a really lethargic sedated bolt of lightening, I got it!  And then I groaned. :)  And, are you a PhD or a pHD?  Amazing what capitalizing the wrong letter can do... throws all those years of schooling and internships and school loans right in the bin.  Yes, I'm a doctor of alkaline and buffering.

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2015, 12:17:25 AM »
Hah! I hadn't thought about the possibilities in "capitalizing" on pH-D!

In truth, I am a university professor, so yes to the PhD -- but I really wasn't trying to advertise that with my username. The first forum I ever joined, I used "awake" as the username, because that combines my first initial and the first part of my last name, and thus is easy for an absent-minded person like myself to remember. :) I tried to use it again when I joined other forums, but kept finding it already taken, so finally resorted to "awakephd" -- which, so far, has never been taken on any forum I've joined. :)
-- Andy

cindybman

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2015, 01:16:56 AM »
I think being a university professor is awesome!  If I could start my education all over again, I would have loved to be a math professor.  I think teaching kids at college level allows you more freedom to be creative with what you teach.  Congrats on getting you PhD... I know that was a lot of hard work.

John@PC

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2015, 09:03:48 PM »
In truth, I am a university professor, so yes to the PhD --
Looks like your cover is blown Andy.  At least your PhD and not CIA 8) 8).

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2015, 11:53:16 PM »
No problem, I'll just put on a disguise ...  8)
-- Andy